Monday, April 23, 2012

After getting hair highlighted/colored, how many days should you wait 2 go swimming so it doesn'

My husband and I are taking a trip to the Bahamas to a Sandals resort for our 10 year wedding anniversary and I plan on staying at the pool as much as I can...I just highlighted my hair last night and am planning on adding some brown to it soom. We are leaving on the 16th of this month and I just want to know if anyone knows what the time frame is. I remember a friend of mine getting a perm and then going to camp and getting in the pool and her hair turning green. I DON'T WANT THAT HAPPENING TO ME!!!



After getting hair highlighted/colored, how many days should you wait 2 go swimming so it doesn't turn green?

i highlight my hair on a regular basis and i also went to cosmotology school..and my hair has never turned green...and if it does cause i know some peoples do..there is shampoos you can buy at wal-mart or CVS, walgreen places like that where you wash your hair after you get out of the pool to wash the green out..it also has to do with the chemical that is used..how much amonia is in the color and all that...it's actually the copper in the water that turns the hair green and not the chlorine...if you do use "chlorine removing" shampoos on your hair...make sure you have a deep conditioner to use also as these shampoos can cause hair to be dry..it you can't find any of these shampoos lemon juice, vinegar, and crushed aspirin on wet hair will also take the green out.



After getting hair highlighted/colored, how many days should you wait 2 go swimming so it doesn't turn green?

It would be wise to wait at least one week prior to swimming but also i would suggest you apply a color sealer to your hair the moring be fore you plan on swimming than pior to swimming put a small amount of condictioner in your hair

No comments:

Post a Comment